"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Friday, 24 June 2011

When Is Enough Enough?

I've no idea - I think that point has come and gone. Here's another nail: Herman the haiku-writer has put his foot in it at the dinner summit in Brussels to discuss the economic problems in Greece. He passed around a brochure (which apparently cost 100,000 euros to produce) for the new 240m euro office building for the European Council.

Look on my works ye mighty and despair. And I do, I do.




Herman's eyes light up as he examines the blueprints for yet another vanity project



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails