"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Thursday, 11 August 2011

An Apology

Comments make a blog and there have been some fantastic comments here with many interesting links but ... Disqus has to go ... Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, usually it's just a pain in the behind.

I don't want to lose the comments but Blogger seems to have no way of importing them once I ditch Disqus.  I'll try once more to re-import but if the blog vanishes, or re-emerges without comments, you'll know what's happened.

If it doesn't work then to all of you who've commented on the Disqus system I say 'thank you' and 'come back' - the blog really wouldn't be what it is without you.

UPDATE:  Gone.  I'm so sorry. (On the plus side, the page loads much quicker and I won't be getting any more emails saying the comments system is down :-) )

2 comments:

  1. Can I also add.....Blogger comments are utterly shit. There's so many out there that integrate with Twitter etc that you really don't have to resort to the dribble Blogspot/blogger offers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too late, Blogger wouldn't re-import and now they've gone. I'm feeling quite lonely now :-(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails