"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Sunday, 25 September 2011

Dot Dot Dot Dash

For a friend who prefers melodic music... "especially Beethoven":



Melody is where you find it: from Byrd and Tallis to Son House and Cage, from before and beyond, music gives sound to living.

3 comments:

  1. GV< you are one angel! Thank you, I am suitably honoured and humbled........

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTGNnSgfp5Q

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's me alright, Mr W ;-) I hope it makes up for the Purcell.

    Thanks Anon, that was great - and new to me, I hadn't heard it, or the band, before. It's very catchy and I'll be singing it all day now :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails