"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Saturday, 7 April 2012

Quick Question

Is UKBA a private limited company like ACPO, or a quango?
We are a global organisation with 23,500 staff - including more than 9,000 warranted officers - operating in local communities, at our borders and in about 130 countries worldwide.
How the heck can the security of our borders be left in the hands of a "global", EU-compliant body like this?  And what's the new, progressive, post-democratic definition of "a local community"?  England?

Our government is composed of feckless wastrels who wouldn't recognise a surrender of sovereignty if it ran over them and the more I read, the worse it gets. The longer this goes on, the worse the solution will be.

Actually, I take it back: the majority of our MPs DO know what a surrender of sovereignty entails.

Here's a picture of a lamp-post - ideal for hanging...baskets

6 comments:

  1. :) And I have some piano wire - ideal for ... restringing pianos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edgar, is that you? Welcome back, I've missed you. You were one of my first when I was a virgin blogger *blushes*.

      Delete
    2. Hello, GV. Yes, it is I, and it's nice to be remembered! Sorry I didn't get back till now. I have a new machine now that doesn't take 20 minutes to load well-stocked pages, which was a problem I had with your old page (all that stuff down the side:)). I'm very glad that you're still here and posting. Actually, I don't think I realised that you were relatively new when I first showed up. It's good to be back.

      Delete
    3. Who could forget the iconic 'Edgar Egg'? Yes, I was a newbie back then and I've tidied up the look of the blog since then so it shouldn't, I hope, take long to load these days. I've been on hold for a while but back to blogging intermittently now and hope to be back to 'normal' before too long. Life never stands still and sometimes blogs must take a back seat. Glad to see you back - don't be a stranger ;)

      Delete
  2. "The longer this goes on, the worse the solution will be."

    I fear only a violent solution such as required in occupied Europe of the 1940s is left. Then, of course, the millions of disinterested Islamic, immigrant based, were not part of the landscape. Strange, that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the old pendulum again, OR - it must be a law of physics - except this time it needs to be an almighty swing. The Olympics are almost upon us - interesting times!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails