"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Wednesday, 25 April 2012

A Stroll down Memory Lane

In view of Rupert Murdoch's comments that Brown had seemed unbalanced as he "declared war" on his organisation, I had been going to do a Max, but he beat me to it. Here are just a few further mementos of the Brown Years instead:

































































































I think that should be enough to give you a warm glow this evening as you reflect that at least this pill-popping bag of paranoia is no longer our PM.  If you need more, you can always check out the separate pages of videos, election material and spoof posters (nsfw).

UPDATE: And he's popped up again right on cue, to prove that zombies never die:
"Gordon Brown has denied he pledged to "declare war" on News Corporation and called on Rupert Murdoch to correct the account he gave on oath at the Leveson Inquiry of a 2009 phone call between them.
"The News Corp boss described Brown as "unbalanced" in a conversation that Murdoch said had taken place by telephone at the time it emerged that the Sun was coming out in support of the Conservatives. The tabloid declared "Labour's Lost It" on 30 September – the day after Brown's speech to his party conference.
"However, in a statement, Brown said Murdoch was "wholly wrong" and called on him to retract "a serious allegation". The former prime minister said he did not speak to Murdoch by telephone at around that time, and that he did not "phone Mr Murdoch or meet him, or write to him about his decision".

Actually, I forgot one of my favourites, created by Max in the dog days of Brown's government:



8 comments:

  1. Nice one GV. A great selection. I never get tired of taking every opportunity to re-visit some of those Gordon Brown moments. I keep toying with the idea of putting together an archive of all the McSnotty images. The way things are going, Camermong will be needing one too ;-)
    PS Come back Tractorstats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Max, I have lots in a folder on my desktop that I can't bear to delete - how sad is that! I think you're right abt Cameron - and Osborne too. I was wishing only today, for PMQs, that I had the equipment to put one together. There are a few from Tractorstats in the nsfw page at the top - yes, he's missed. Those were the good old bad old days ;)

      Delete
  2. Nice comment from Murdoch about Cameron's 'Retard' . Was watching the inquiry live and thought I had mis-heard it until about an hour ago when it surfaced in the MSM. Still a few nice comments and laughs. Only thing is, I have always hated the Murdoch empire but today i felt he was sticking one to those B@stards who courted him and his empire (amongst others) so well for so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt he meant anything by it, Anon - language either evolves or is forcibly changed by certain factions all the time but he's 81 so I can forgive him. I'm not following Leveson very closely tbh - I'm just waiting on the outcome to see what recommendations he makes about muzzling, or not, the press even more than they already are. The bits I have caught suggest you're right - both Rupert and James are better prepared this time and definitely look like they're determined to set the record straight. If only we could resurrect Gaddafi & put him on a witness stand somewhere!

      Delete
  3. Didn't take old Brownfinger long to stick his head above the parapet with one of his standard Macavity denials, GV.

    I know I hate the current shower but I'm so glad this lying sack of shit is gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain, Spidie. We Brits must be grateful for small mercies. Btw - Get Blogging! You haven't done anything since you switched domains :(

      Delete
  4. You forgot this little video of Brown.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS37nnFYzZ0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, RoadHog - I think I'm o/d'ing on Brown now! That vid is somewhere on the blog, it's a good one - the man was so ripe for lampooning.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails