"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Friday, 6 July 2012

Friday Post


Immigration Mythology: My Roots Have Gone

Extract:
"The failure of Nulabour and the continued failure of the coalition to ensure that the country was/is prepared for millions of extra people has added to the misery and hardship of many British families. Many feel marginalised and ignored. Most of them won't/can't say anything for fear of being branded a racist. I am not one of them.
Immigration destroyed the borough in which at least 6 generations of my family had lived and worked. It scattered my family far and wide, some to Essex, others journeyed south. It destroyed my culture and way of life and was replaced by Londonistan and Eastenders. My family history has been denied my children and grandchildren.

"To say I feel resentful and bitter is an understatement. Other indigenous cultures have rights, Cockneys have/had none. Even travellers are given more respect than the original inhabitants of East London.
"
Do go and read the rest; you'll find facts, figures and lie-busting.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. I had spoken to one of my many aunties at the weekend (she moved to Thurrock) and we were both reminiscing about home. Canning Town was a shit-hole to be sure, but it was OUR shit-hole. My dad had 16 brothers and sisters and the whole family lived within walking distance to us. I would give anything for my daughters and grandchildren to have that as they were growing up. I admit I tend to stay away from foreigners now I'm back in the UK. I just get upset and annoyed. I know they're not to blame but I can't take it out on those who are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we're all modern & progressive now, Sue. We may not be part of the Schengen Treaty but it sure as heck feels like it. As for the rest, my views are probably unprintable in polite society. I feel for you. Welcome back to England.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the link GV. Another one added to the daily reading list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome, Frank, although you'll find I'm not providing daily reading at the moment ;)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails