"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Wednesday, 10 October 2012

As If You Didn't Know ...

... the blog is hibernating because I'm moving down to Torquay. Life has its ups and downs and this is proving to be more of a roller-coaster for me than first envisaged which is why the blog is on a very-go-slow.  I'm in Torquay one minute and out the next; tenants have been given notice to quit/tenants have not.  I experienced this once before: the tenant trashed the place in the end and did a midnight flit owing two months' rent.

Someone on ebay refunded me half the cost of a pair of vintage Trifari earrings because a pearl had become loose in transit and I thought I'd have to take it to a jeweller for repair. When my son bought a tube of glue from the local haberdasher's shop and fixed it, making them wearable again, I refunded the small amount back to the seller.  She emailed me, saying she was 'shocked' that I'd been so honest but I took the view that she'd dealt fairly with me and I wouldn't have felt comfortable wearing them knowing that they were now fine.

The moral of the story, if there is one, is do as you would be done by but, if you get shafted, don't blame yourself. Ebay, and some unscrupulous souls out there, can be a nest of thieving, lying bastard snakes at times.

All of which brings us neatly back to the EU:

1:00-1:18 Lagarde's List - 20,000+ wealthy industrialists who don't pay enough tax, according to the IMF, are jumping out of windows all over Europe. Between 1:19-2:17 there's a short piece on  Romney's Rebound - let's hope it lasts; we know Obama isn't working for the American people so let's see what someone else can deliver.  As for the rest of the video - who knows? It's something about celebrities, skin and bones:



We may be quiet from time to time but we won't give up the fight.

11 comments:

  1. Why would anyone want to move to Torbay?
    Never mind, if you are new to the Southwest do yourself a favour and sign up to Virgin internet which operates broadband on fibre-optic cables laid down over a decade ago and which remains the only ISP that does not require you to pay for a superfluous BT landline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, Banned, I'll remember it :) As for why would anyone move, well... needs must when the devil drives and all that.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'd love that, Fradgan. I'd love to have a small hotel that entertained MPs ;)

      Delete
  3. What's wrong with Torbay? Personally, I'd keep pushing down in to Cornwall but that's just personal preference. I'm sure that it will all smooth out and you'll have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mrs WoaR. I love Cornwall too but that isn't an option open to me. Now I'm on the mend, I've been looking forward to the move down South but there's a delay at the other end. With a bit of luck, as you say, it will all work out for the best.

      Delete
  4. Luggage Timothy! Well I never thought I'd see the day you let fly. Anyway glad yer back and BTW the bling merchant being outed is a cover, as usual, to keep us blind as to the perps running away. A chum of mine literally shivered when I quizzed her on the geezer years ago. As an aside I wouldn't get too cuddly with Romney. I see 1860's all over again. He's a traitor draped in religion. Then who is going to protect our airspace?

    Cya soon and enjoy the beaches in one of my favourite parts of these United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about Savile but as for Romney - no-one could be as bad for the American people than Obama, surely? He's been an abysmal failure. I'm in the ABO camp.

      Delete
    2. Yepp GV, lesser of two evils. However they are both programmed to kill USofA corp.

      I love USofA corp. Too young men, conscripted, flying in B17s, B24s, dying. Like our young men did, ill prepared, in 1940. Women hammering together the weapons in great assembly halls, Marylin or Norma. All fable but given freely and freely given.

      No one else could do it.

      Casablanca still cracks me up, stilled fable.

      All gone.

      The two creeps in the US election are nothing more than spineless goons.

      Cya soon.

      Delete
    3. Sorry for the delay - I don't check in as often I once did. Well, you know what I think of politicians in general and the UN/corporatism in particular. The whole damned thing is just so sad that it's come down to this. Worse is coming our way because we're not squealing loud enough for them yet. People won't know what's hit them over the next few years - reckon there'll be a lot of shell-shocked 'plebs' out there. We still have an NHS, of sorts, a Police Force, Fire Brigade, Armed Forces, of sorts... but they're barely functioning effectively.

      The people who are manipulating are in high places. The Judiciary would be one of my first ports of call on Britain's Independence Day. Oh! And the state education service wallahs and every other damned so-called public service institution.



      Delete
    4. Well met. And I got into their bunker o/in many occasions.

      Twixt and between two examples will suffice.

      1988 I got deep into Hunting.

      2006 I got deep into the IoE after much grilling.

      On that first example I shrugged all off as experience. On the second I confirmed my suspicions.

      The nation is damning itself in sloth.

      We have to face a reality. We surrender the bulwark against heathenism or accept our slavery.

      Either way they can phekk the phekk off!

      Cya soon GV.

      PS Write your own script, I do that now.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails