"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Saturday, 13 April 2013

Demob Happy

My music, my books; I can't tell you what it means to me to be moving in two weeks' time.  After two years in a mental prison the likes of Chris Huhne will never know, I'll get my Sam Cooke, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Cecilia Bartoli, the Vienna Philharmonic - all my books, all my music - everything will be returned to me.





6 comments:

  1. NewsboyCapApril 13, 2013

    GV

    Hope you do enjoy those 'things' that mean the most to you.
    But hey there must be an Internet Cafe close by in deepest, darkest Devon.
    You could take a delightful stroll, enlighten us with you wisdom or music, take in the view and stroll back home. We would be most grateful.

    BTW, have tried the 'Dead can Dance'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies Newsboy - I grow increasingly tetchy these days x

      Delete
  2. Dear GV, enjoy each day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you OR, I'll do my best :)

      Delete
  3. Added to my Sam Cooke collection, ta.

    Torbay awaits, summer too, hopefully.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails