"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Thursday, 16 May 2013

Deep Intake Of Breath

I've made it to the other side.  Devon is rainy, the people are lovely, technology is intermittent.



Normal service will resume as soon as possible.



I see I've lost a follower in the move.  Oh, ye of little faith!

4 comments:

  1. NewsboyCapMay 17, 2013

    GV

    Congratulations on your move.

    My Family where in glorious Devon last weekend for my nieces wedding, An absolutely stunning village-Stokeintiegnhead- I think it is spelled. Wonderful people, beautiful countryside,stunning coastline,England at its best.

    You are a lucky girl to be able to live there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Newsboy - I'm loving it - the friendliness of the people, the warm accents that remind me of home. I can't say much about the weather yet - it rained solidly for days on end last week and today is the first rain-free day we've had since the Bank Holiday weekend. Still, I'm happy to be running up curtains and hammering nails once again and, as you say, it's England at its best - apart from Yorkshire of course :) Thank you for all your good wishes over the years x

      Delete
  2. NewsboyCapMay 18, 2013

    GV

    Yorkshire, Yorkshire, no surely shome mishtake.Wrong side of the Big Hill. Only Joking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some might say the Big Hill isn't big enough, Newsboy!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails