"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Friday, 12 July 2013

What To Make of Hannan?



I find him a puzzle now, after all these years. He's so smooth, reasonable and self-assured and yet... and yet... my doubts are increasing.  I blogged years ago (as did others) about the EU subsidy for tobacco-growers whilst simultaneously bringing in measures for banning smoking in public places, hiding displays, plain packaging and banning e-cigarettes.  Sometimes things just don't add up.

The only lobby group a government should take note of is the electorate. I'm sick of 'experts' from think-tanks, lobby groups and public sector institutions advising government. They're usually funded by the taxpayer via government to tell the government to do what the government wants to do anyway - all against the wishes of the electorate.

Common Purpose, EU, UN, Agenda 21 - I'm sick of the lot of them telling me how to live my life; how to discipline my child and how to feed him; that I can't donate home-made cakes/home-grown fruit or veg to the local hospice or school fete; to use a secure ladder when washing windows; to watch out for cylclists behind me on the road; not to drink 'too much' alcohol/coffee/tea/water or eat vast quantities of butter/meat/eggs/sugar... I resent them messing about with my vitamin supplements and herbal supplies and, while I'm at it,I resent them monitoring me 'just in case' or retaining dna samples 'just in case'. But, perhaps most of all, I resent them telling me I have to pay for their stupid, self-aggrandising schemes via taxpayer subsidies to worthless 'grands projets' such as HS2 (Ten-T), the NHS super-computer or the lunacy of on/off-shore wind farms and on and on and on... they never sleep.

This business with e-cigarettes (and menthol cigarettes) demonstrates how the European Parliament needs to invent reasons for its existence. In their rush to harmonise regulations across the EU they've ham-strung and shackled small businesses/budding entrepreneurs in this country and stifled economic and intellectual growth. Cameron, the europhile, obviously thinks this is a great idea since he's uttered nothing but vacuous soundbites and even those he can't deliver. He's a liar, a dissembler and a manipulative PM - we should congratulate him, he wanted to be the heir to Blair and now he's achieved it.

They're just parasites, they're monkeys on our backs and it's time we shrugged our shoulders and told them to ... you-know-what

avatars: Animated Images: Middle Finger
Avatar Farm

Anyone but the LibLabCon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails